Stack Social Case Study

Content Strategist and Copywriter

Problem: 

StackSocial, an e-commerce flash sale site, needed help organizing information so users could understand the value of the sales offered with the goal of increasing their conversion rate. This was pro bono work done for the company.

Team:

Team member of three, including a UX designer and UI designer.

Skills/Tools:

Axure for Prototype, Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq for lo-fi prototype, UserTesting, QuickTime and sketching by hand.

Solution:

We used research collected through interviews, contextual inquiries, and user testing to inform redesign of sale pages. We redesigned their "Solo" product page, "Big Bundle" product page, and their "Name Your Own Price" sale page. 

Time Frame: 

3 weeks. 

Deliverables:

Research (including videos of user interviews), clickable prototype of three sale pages, and new concept of global navigation. 

Note: Link to full case study presentation at the end.

PROCESS

We gathered qualitative data by testing users (using QuickTime) within the target demographic and observing how they interacted with the old StackSocial product pages. Below are a few notes. 

LeanBusinessModelSS.jpg
jacyss.jpg
CardSortSS.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 2.44.29 PM.png
PostItStakeholder.jpg

STRATEGY

We took this data, looked into competing flash sale sites, and began to map out initial ideas.

CompetitiveStack.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 2.45.11 PM.png
strategyss.jpg

DESIGN / TEST / ITeratE

We started with sketching on paper and moved into rapid lo-fi prototyping using Balsamiq. We used Axure to create clickable prototype that we could test. Using 10 subjects we did both in person tests and utilized UserTesting platform to understand how people were interacting with our design. We made a few tweaks and built the final design in Illustrator.

New "Name Your Own Price" Sale Page Test

WireFrameSS.jpeg

New "Bundle Sale" Page Test

WireFramew:Annotations.jpeg

 

FINAL DESIGN COMPARISON

 

OLD

OriginalNYP.png

NEW

NewNYP.png